Exercise has become a big part of some people’s lives. With so much weight awareness going around, people become more and more conscientious about their physical fitness. Of course, there is a fine line between weight loss and body building, but once you start going to the gym and see that your efforts pay off, it’s not likely that you are going to stop anytime soon.
One of the most important aspects of fitness is the equipment. You have plenty of it at the gym. However, some people don’t have as much time to commit, but they still don’t want to sit around doing nothing. That is why they invest in fitness equipment at home. Personally, I think that shows dedication and determination. It’s a brilliant idea, especially that you can achieve a lot in the comfort of your home. A good example is a pair of push up bars. People buy them, use them at home, and still manage to get results.
The advantages of push up bars
As you may have already figured it out, push up bars are for the development of the upper body. Those who use them are mostly men, but ladies use them as well. Men are a bit obsessed (I know, it’s a strong word) with the appearance of their upper body. The truth is that they look better than women when they have their arms and chest a bit more developed. Women look good too, but only when they don’t over-do it. The point is that you have a lot to benefit from using a pair of push up bars.
- They bring up a challenge – one of the most common reasons why people use push up bars is that they no longer feel challenged when they do simple push-ups. I don’t know how much you know about it, but at some point, your body executes certain exercises with ease, which means it cannot evolve. It is always better to do less exercise, but at an increased intensity, than to do a lot of the same exercise without feeling too much. A pair of push-up bars will provide precisely that. You will be able to dip lower, which translates into more effort and higher difficulty at getting up. What happens is that you increase the intensity of the exercise.
- You will acquire more upper body strength – a lot of people underestimate their body weight. Lifting it up from the ground is not as easy as it seems. But because a pair of push-up bars increases the intensity of the exercise, you will have a lot more upper body strength than when you perform regular push-ups.
- They are safe for your wrists – when you do regular push-ups, you need to place your palms on the floor. Some people use their fists. Either way that is not very healthy for your wrists. There is too much pressure, which can lead to discomfort in a couple of years. However, when you use push-up bars, you are grabbing the handles, which shaves off some of that pressure. In the long run, you will not feel any pain or discomfort.
- They help burning calories – since there is more effort involved, you will be burning more calories than usual. It’s the same rule that applies to every exercise routine. The more effort you make, the more weight you lose. That effort will burn that fat as a flamethrower. Furthermore, because you dip so low, the abdominal area will be more engaged as well. That means you will also get ridof the belly fat as well.
- They cover a wider range of muscles – when you use push up bars, you will assume different positions. More positions mean more muscles engaged in the effort.
What to look for in the best push up bars
Finding a pair of push up bars is easy, but finding the best push up handles is not. That is because there are too many manufacturers and too many choices. Even so, there is a way you can make a smart decision. All you have to do is establish some criteria for your equipment and take it from there. Here is what matters the most.
- Weight – that matters if you want to take the push-up bars with you at work, or on vacation. Just because they have to sustain the weight of your body, that doesn’t mean they have to weigh a ton. There are plenty of durable metals out there that are lightweight at the same time.
- Weight capacity – this is crucial for your safety. When looking to make a purchase, ensure that the push-up handles can sustain your body weight, especially if you are heavy. If by any chance, the handles break under you, you can suffer severe damage. You can even fracture your hands or dislocate your wrists. Keep in mind that if they break, you will fall with the entire weight of your body on your wrists. Not a pretty
- Comfort – as long as you can use the push-up bars comfortably, you shouldn’t have any issues. The difference between comfort and the lack of it is a few extra push-ups. It’s okay to stop when you experience muscle failure, but it’s not when you give up just because you are not comfortable. With that in mind, look for a pair of handles that have ergonomic or coated handles.
- Stability – stability means two things. One, the handles must not be wobbly. They don’t have to slide on your floor. Otherwise, you may fall on your face, and we both know how that ends. A non-slip feature would be ideal. And two, your grip should be firm and stable. The handles must be able to provide that.
- Cost – you also need to think about what you can afford. Usually, the cheaper the product, the lower the quality. Of course, that is not always the case. Some may be more expensive simply because of the brand. You would be surprised to know how many cheap but high-quality products are on the market.
What are the best push up bars?
You cannot tell just by looking at a pair of push up handles that they are what you are looking for. The best way to know before making the actual purchase is by looking at reviews online. People will always have something to say about what they bought.
CAP Barbell Pair of Push-up Bars
The push-up bars from CAP Barbell will help you achieve the results you want. They will strengthen the muscles of your chest, shoulders, and back muscles. Depending on how low you manage to dip, you can even train your front deltoids. If you pull them closer together, you can engage your triceps. The point is that with a little effort, you can develop your entire upper body. The handles were designed to improve your position while doing push-ups, so naturally, you will train in a more efficient way than when doing regular push-ups.
The bars are made of high-quality material that will hold people who weigh a maximum of 300 pounds. They will not bend or break. Their surface is plated with chrome, which gives them a nice aspect. The handles are very comfortable and are covered with a slip-resistant foam. You can grab them tight and hold on to them easily. Your wrists are safe from damage.
Stability is not an issue. The handles will not slip on either tile, wooden floors, or carpet. That is because they have hard rubber footpads that will not allow them to slide in either direction. You will be as stable as possible and will be able to perform your exercise correctly and worry-free.
The CAP Barbell push-up bars are easy to transport. They weigh about 2 pounds each. You can even unscrew them, which will make them easy to put in a travel bag. You can take them with you at work, or when you go on vacation but don’t want to skip your training sessions. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
321 Strong Push-Up Bars
The 321 Strong handles are designed to hold a person that weighs over 300 pounds. They should support a person up to 320 lbs. The construction is designed in such a manner that they will not break easily. The manufacturer guarantees they will not break if you use them as recommended.
Unlike the previous model, these handles don’t need unscrewing to disassemble them. You just detach the base for easy storage and portability. You can take them with you anywhere you want. The handles are slightly inclined, which will prevent your wrists from getting tired too quickly. That will allow you to perform more exercises and improve your upper body resistance. If you are going to stop at some point, it’s not going to be because of wrists fatigue.
These push-up bars are covered in soft and comfortable foam. You can grab them firmly and securely. The foam is thick enough to increase the width of the handles in order to match your hand’s curves. That will improve your athletic performance considerably. The bars will sit still on any floor type. They will feel very stable under you. No need to worry that you will slip.
Depending on how you position the handles, you will be able to engage almost all of your muscles from the upper body. If you look some routines online, you can even find some exercises for your abdominal muscles. The purpose here is to perform as many exercises as possible using a single piece of equipment. The 321 Strong handle bars meet that criteria and will help you achieve the results you want. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Iron Core Athletics Push-Up Bars
These push-up handles have a different design than the other two models I talked about. That is not a bad thing, quite the contrary. You can position anyway you want, and you will still be able to use them. I find that to come in handy. As you may well know, foam, no matter how resistant it is, it has the tendency to wear down over the years. But if you change the position regularly, they should last longer.
The handles are made of strong and sturdy steel. There are no welding points, no joins, and no pieces to put together. They are manufactured from a single piece of metal. Weight is not an issue, they are very light, but at the same time, they can support 275 pounds.
The Iron Core push up bars are very easy to use in any position you want. You can carry them around with you anywhere you go, at work or on vacation. Since they are small, they require minimal storage space. As I said, there is foam on all three grabbing points, which means you will be comfortable while doing your exercises. At the same time, you will have a firm grip and a stable position. The handles will not slip either. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I can appreciate a lot of things in a high-quality pair of push-up bars, but the one I find the most important is the weight capacity. I have read a lot of stories with people who fell on their face or hands because their handles broke underneath them. That is why I think that 321 Strong provides the best push-up bars on the market. From all three models, that one offers the biggest weight capacity. You don’t have to be 320 pounds. Even if you have half that, you will still feel safer.
Once you get started on something, you would do best not to stop. Everything you do while at the gym, or at home, it’s for your own good. Exercise is the best investment you can do for yourself, but it may be a mistake not to invest in high-quality fitness equipment. Not only will it help you improve, but it will keep you safe as well. And that is worth way more than what you save when you buy low-quality items. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Best Push up Stands Reviews & Guide
- The Most Neglected Fact About Push up Blocks Explained
- Top Advice on Push up Bar Exercises
- What You Don’t Know About Push up Sports Bra
- Important Solutions for Push up Machine Simple Step by Step Detail
- The Basic Facts of Press up Handles
- The Most Ignored Fact Regarding Push up Bar Online Uncovered
- Instant Solutions to Push up Stand
- Top Power Press Push up Choices
- Push up Equipment – What Is It?
- Key Pieces of Press up Bars
- Instant Solutions to Push up Grips in Step by Step Format
- The Nuiances of Push up Stands
- The Most Popular Push up Handles
- Surprising Facts Regarding Push up Bar Exposed
- What You Don’t Know About Push up Bars
- Details of Push up Bars Online
- Definitions of Push up Bars Exercises
- How to Choose Push up Accessories
- Push up Bars Workout Ideas
- What to Expect From Door Frame Pull up Bar?
- Portable Pull up Bar: No Longer a Mystery
- What’s Really Happening with Best Push up Handles
- Untold Stories on Pull up Push up Bar You Must Read
- Home Pull up Bar – Overview
- The Supreme Approach for Best Push up Equipment
- Alarming Details Regarding Best Push up Bar Unveiled
- What Is So Fascinating About Doorway Pull up Bar?
- Kids, Work and Best Push up Bra
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Chin up Bar Before You’re Left Behind
- What You Must Know About Push up Bras and Why
- Definitions of Metal Push up Bars
- Chin up Bars Features
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Pull up Bar
- Pushup Handles at a Glance